Virtualization Strategies to Empower and Advance Business
ezProHub Virtualization enables you to operate computing resources in an organized, consolidated fashion – saving you money by leveraging existing IT equipment and resources. In addition to the myriad other considerations, ezProHub focuses on an optimized backup and recovery strategy that enables disaster recovery.
Other essential benefits of ezProHub Virtualization include:
- Reduced Cost, immediately and over the long term
- Fewer assets, systems, and facilities to support
- Greater utilization of each asset
- Less complexity and sprawl to manage
- Consistent system personalities to manage reducing variability
- Controlled license costs
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Decreased utility costs, such as for power and cooling
- Right-sizing of resources for workloads
- Elimination of legacy hardware
- Improved Efficiency through Standardization
- Better Customer Service and Support
- Faster provisioning of new capabilities
- Increased agility through remote hosting
- Streamlined Collaboration and Information Sharing – across all platforms and business locations
- Optimized Process Improvement and Manageability
- Organizes disparate IT environments, such as after a merger and acquisition M&A
- Enables Simplification or “Complexity Reduction”
- Supports IT maturity models
- Reduces sprawl
- Greatly eases security and regulatory compliance
Virtualization Saves Big Money
ezProHub Virtualization customers typically save 50-70% on overall IT costs by consolidating resources. That’s at least half off your current IT costs!
ezProHub achieves this ROI by empowering your business with an optimized IT infrastructure that embraces a variety of hardware, operating systems, applications, and network configurations. ezProHub Virtualization reduces cost and complexity and serves as a foundation for better availability, manageability, and recoverability. With EZPro Virtualization, your IT environment will benefit from:
- Flexibility. With ezProHub Virtualization, your operating system no longer needs special configuration for the installed hardware. And you will be able to manage complex network and storage systems management activities without costly and time-consuming physical reconfigurations.
- Transience. ezProHub Virtualization makes it much easier to replicate configurations or even entire instances between devices. Because the ezProHub Virtualization configuration resides in software rather than the physical computing devices, your systems administrators can easily extend and expand the network.
- Commonality. Virtualization reduces or eliminates the need for many types of low-level customizations traditionally required with physical systems. This means you can quickly replicate the ezProHub Virtualization configuration to meet the needs and demands of your business. Virtualization further reduces complexity across the IT environment because configuration commonality speeds incident and problem management.
The ezProHub Virtualization Assessment: A Critical First Step
An effective virtualization strategy can mitigate risk while expediting Return-On-Investment (ROI). ezProHub offers a comprehensive Virtualization Assessment that creates a roadmap for enterprise consolidation and virtualization – as well as the detailed steps needed for building the business case to rationalize it.
The ezProHub Virtualization Assessment identifies fiscal and organizational challenges and risk, culminating in a actionable technical approach. This technical approach includes recommended methodologies for assessing viable data center consolidation and virtualization management targets, assessing the impact on a central data center, and the impact on IT from a management and process perspective.
Based on our unparalleled IT consulting methodology, this assessment combines a quantifiable analysis of the current server, storage, network and application state with forward-looking definitions of business and service requirements. We utilize capacity planning tools to collect performance and utilization metrics in your IT environment to generate data center consolidation scenarios through the following four strategic phases:
- Assess: Applications, impact, data migration requirements, implementation, and IT support needs
- Build: Architecture planning to foment higher utilization of storage and server assets in your IT environment. Effect economies by consolidating the number of systems and tools supporting those systems. Standardize, update and upgrade process across the organization to ensure better manageability and availability, as well as accelerated response and resolution.
- Manage: Streamline monitoring to accelerate identification of issues, and reduce the number of interfaces for IT staff to manage, virtual data center sources to correlate, and changes to control.
- Support: Simplify administration through data center consolidation. Accelerate problem resolution through greater knowledge of computing ecosystem and relationships between OS, server, storage, file system, etc…
When executed in a properly cohesive way, virtualization positively impacts backup and recovery, storage management, networking, server management, and high availability. ezProHub ensures that you leverage every virtualization service technique so that you will be well on the path to a solid, actionable disaster recovery plan.
How Virtualization is Transforming IT Infrastructure
Virtualization is rapidly transforming IT Infrastructure and fundamentally changing the way that people compute. Essentially, one or more of the following five kinds of virtualization — employed independent or in combination — reduces your dependency on physical computing devices:
- Hardware virtualization allows more than one operating system to simultaneously interact with one set of hardware.
- Operating system virtualization, sometimes also called container-based virtualization, enables multiple operating system instances that leverage the same source to consume fewer resources.
- Application virtualization separates the individual applications from the host, simplifying the installation, management, update, and removal of applications by eliminating their direct links into the operating system.
- Network virtualization enables one physical network to be broken into multiple virtual networks, or for using software to virtually network machines without the use of traditional network devices.
- Storage virtualization enables advanced storage management functionality such as combining the storage capacity of multiple devices into a single, logical storage device. Data storage virtualization can also enhance the provisioning, backup, and disaster recovery of storage through replication and snapshot capabilities.
Virtualization dramatically improves the efficiency and availability of your resources and applications. Through ezProHub Virtualization solutions, you can employ precious IT resources to respond to business priorities faster and more efficiently. However, an effective virtualization strategy requires a balanced understanding of the current IT environment, consideration of the impact of data center consolidation beyond the server layer, and a deep understanding of how IT serves a particular business – today and into the future. With two decades of experience in IT infrastructure, managed services, IT consulting, and data center services, ezProHub offers an unparalleled understanding of what it takes to maximize the virtualization opportunity.